1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by azureaura, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. azureaura

azureaura Thread Starter

After reinstalling windows vista OS 64bit on my dell studio xps 1640, I reinstalled all the drivers that were on dell resource cd that came with my laptop. On my device manager there is still a yellow triangle with an exclimation mark next to Standard VGA Graphics adapter. I used to be able to use 1920x1080 screen resolution; however, the highest option now is currently 1400x1050 pixels and it reads default monitor on display settings instead of having HD Radeon 4670 option as it did before. My grahpics card is a radeon HD 4670. Could anyone possibly tell me what drivers I would need to download and install in order to get my screen resolution back to 1920x1080 and resolve the VGA adapter problem? I have gone to the dell driver website; however, the standard vga graphics adapter does not seem to be under the video drivers? thank you for your time and help guys >.<

2. evz2010

evz2010

3. azureaura

azureaura Thread Starter

I have installed the driver already, but in my device manager under display adapters, only standard vga graphics adapter appears with a yellow triangle with an explanation mark. My radeon graphics card is not listed under there :<. Also my graphics card is still not listed under the resolution control panel. (actually, there is no list for the resolution in terms of graphics cards)

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. azureaura

azureaura Thread Starter

oh!! that did the trick!! thank you so muchh!! sorry for the trouble, but do you by chance know what types of drivers correspond to "Ethernet controller"? thank you sooo sooo much

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  7. azureaura

azureaura Thread Starter

woohooooo!! thank you soo much!!!! My computer is now functioning normally :DD

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You're welcome (y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/940306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice