1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Standardizing window sizes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kaleolani65, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaleolani65

kaleolani65 Thread Starter

Run Win 98

Everytime I "open in new window" it is not maximized.
    How can i set it to be?

When I browse into my computer each folder has a different sized window, some are viewed as web pages, some not. I know I set my computer to open new folder in new window does that have something to do with it? I want them all maximized seen as web pages and all info listed w/details.

Anybody got some suggestions?

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

what works for me is to open one windows right click a link.

adjust size of second window browser

close first

then close second

3. kaleolani65

kaleolani65 Thread Starter

Cool I'll give it a shot.

4. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

Open a window and drag it to the size you want. Hold CTRL and X out . That will set the RESTORE window size.

Then open it again. MAXIMIZE it. The hold CTRL and close.

It should then open MAXIMIZED and hitting RESTORE should change it to the size you selected.

- Castleheart ;)

(and if I am not mistaken ... holding down the SHIFT key does the same thing)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice