1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

standby problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by honeyv, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. honeyv

honeyv Thread Starter

My friend has os 98 and the system has been freezing and today after turning off to reboot the pc has stayed in standby mode. There is no lights on the keyboard and red light on tower and orange light on monitor. earlier in the day I was able to move cables around and get it to boot up now it stays in standby and wont budge.please help this pc has been driving me nuts

2. Krall

Krall

What kind of PC? Make and Model please.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Disable or turn off the power management options(i.e. standby, suspend, sleep, hibernate, etc.) in that computer. It'll run better and have less problems. (y)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Shut the pc down and completely disconnect the monitor and the power to it for about 20 minutes. Then reconnect everything and try a fresh boot.

However if you are not seeing the keyboard at least flash during restart you may have corrupted BIOS settings or perhaps even a bad power supply.

Try replacing the cmos battery on the motherboard, it's a silver quarter sized battery.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice