1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

standbye is messed up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by prowler351, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prowler351

prowler351 Thread Starter

i just went from win.98se to Xp and now my cpu will mess up when it goes into standbye.it will go into standbye but then it will usualy lock up my cpu and i have to hard shutdown and restart my cpu again.no programs im running would cause this and i dont have a screen saver on.id realy like to get this fixed because i use standbye all the time.it goes to sleep normaly but it freezes when you try to wake it up.

2. Dan O

Dan O

I recommend you turn off all power management in BIOS and manage it totally in Windows. Make sure you have Advanced Power Management enable, which is in the Control Panel. If you still have problems you may need a BIOS upgrade, check the website of your PC or motherboard manufacture for availability.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice