1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

standed cmos setup help!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by andygt, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andygt

andygt Thread Starter

i need help please to information back for window 98se i lost a lot of files
    on start up you can press F2 and the standed cmos setup comes up i need the settings for my computer so i can re-load win98 so i can every thing back,

right here you this is what i need

primary master, type,size,cyls,head,precomp,landz,sector,mode
    slave,
    seconday master,
    slave,

were is type are they meant be all (auto) then were mode same again

please help if you can!

thanks!

2. elaich

elaich

Not sure I understand everything you're saying, but your computer should be able to auto detect the hard drive, unless it's really old. If not, then all that info depends on what make and type of hard drive you have. You can probably get it from the manufacturer's site.

3. andygt

andygt Thread Starter

all the settings are set at 0 (all of them) my hard driver is a maxtor 40gb so when i formated it and load win98se a lot of files will not load and the graphics are crap and can not move my bar as i only have 2 colour,&16 colours not 32 colours, aswell and the settings are not right!

4. elaich

elaich

This has nothing to do with your hard drive settings. Windows 98 was not able to find drivers for your hardware, very common when installing it on newer machines.

Go to www.belarc.com/free_download.html and download Belarc Advisor (free.) Install and run it. It will tell you exactly what hardware your computer has in it. Then you'll have to find Win98 drivers for the hardware on the Internet. Google is your friend, also driverguide.com. Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice