1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Star Printer TSP 143 LAN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TeeKay79, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TeeKay79

TeeKay79 Thread Starter

Just began using a new software, and its not working with my printer. I believe it's a setting problem, tried to no avail. Anyone with similar problems? Can I please get some help?

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  3. TeeKay79

TeeKay79 Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your response.

The link did not help. Let me explain further.

I am trying to use the Star 143 LAN printer with my Restaurant Point of Sale application, it's not working. It works with Square and other Point of Sale applications I have used over the years, but now we are moving to a new ERP and we are having issues integrating with Star 143 LAN printers. We have over 12 in stock, and several currently used by our customers. The cost of changing to a "more compatible printer" is mind buggling. The developers are in a fix too. They say we need to set the Star printer to a STATIC IP, don't know what that means.

4. TeeKay79

TeeKay79 Thread Starter

Don't know how to perform steps in the attachment.

Attached Files:

5. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    That attachment doesn't say anything about setting IP's or anything like that. It apperently allows older POS systems that you serial printers to communicate with Wired or WIFI IP printers.

I found one site, HERE, that says that setting IP's etc. must be done with Telnet on the TSP100 series printers. Exactly which commands to issue once connected I can not say. As I don't have a printer to try. But I'll look around and see what I can find. Meanwhile you can follow the directions in the link and see if you can connect and set up a static IP.

To install Telnet you need to go to Control Panel ---> Programs and Features ----> Turn WIndows Features On or Off. Then put a checkmark next to Telnet Client. The server is not needed. If there's already a checkmark there Telnet is already installed.

Once you've followed the directions, in the given link, as how to print the current configuration. You should be able to Run Telnet from a Command Prompt to the device's IP address.

Type (without quotation marks) "Telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where x is the current IP. Press enter and you should get a login prompt.

Good luck.

6. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
  7. TeeKay79

TeeKay79 Thread Starter

Thank you very much Fireflcph. Unfortunately I cannot still get my POS software to work with my printers.

8. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Which device(s) and which S/W are you using? You may have to, depending on the OS and capabilities of the POS system, use that emulator. It's something the developers should do.
    Personally, which means nothing of course, I've never seen a "modern" POS system where you couldn't use IP printers.

Are you trying to print from IOS, Android or other handheld devices? Or is it a Windows Terminal?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice