Tech Support Guy banner

Star Trek fans

75K views 480 replies 36 participants last post by  ekim68 
#1 ·
#2 ·
You can stream star trek from the cbs website.
From their main page,click the site map link then
click classic tv series.
They have the same problem on all devices.
Their show audio is low and the ad volume is high.
About blow you out of your chair when a ad comes on.
I don't think it does that on all their shows,but it does on
star trek.
If they ever quit messing up their links,it plays without
ads in xbmc with the bluecop cbs plugin.
Right now that isn't working.

#5 ·
#10 ·
Star Trek-style 'tricorder' invention offered $10m prize

The Qualcomm Tricorder X Prize has challenged researchers to build a tool capable of capturing "key health metrics and diagnosing a set of 15 diseases".

It needs to be light enough for would-be Dr McCoys to carry - a maximum weight of 5lb (2.2kg).

The prize was launched at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

According to the official Star Trek technical manual, a tricorder is a portable "sensing, computing and data communications device".

#12 ·
More on the Blue-Ray thing: :cool:

Remastered Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray A Huge Leap Forward

There's been no new Star Trek TV series since Enterprise limped off screens in 2005, but the huge success of the 2009 Star Trek movie and the gradual growth of Blu-ray has caught CBS' attention (CBS acquired ownership of the Star Trek franchise in 2006). The broadcast company is preparing to release Star Trek: The Next Generation on Blu-ray -- with substantial improvements.

The DVD boxed sets that exist today were created from the taped broadcasts that were shown in the early 90s. Rather than repackaging that material, CBS has gone back to the original film stock and started from scratch. "They're taking the original film elements and recompositing them," says Michael Okuda, the graphics designer who created the look/feel of Star Trek computer graphics and the LCARS operating system. "The actual film -- that detail is beautiful, and these new visual effects are really the old visual effects more beautiful than you've ever seen them."

#13 ·
Not quite the Qualcomm thing but cool anyway....:cool:

Researcher publishes specs for real Linux-powered Star Trek tricorder

Jansen's Mark 2 tricorder is powered by six AAA batteries (more energy efficient than the Mark 2 EMH, which is powered by Andy Dick) that fit inside the device's housing. The built-in sensors can measure temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, magnetic fields, color, ambient light level, GPS location, and distance to a surface.

Unlike the Star Trek device that it is modeled after, Jansen's tricorder can't detect spatial anomalies or identify alien biology. If you are hoping to locate Klingon spies, you will still need to carry around a tribble. The device packs quite a bit of functionality, however, considering the limitations of 21st century technology.

#14 ·
Engineer Thinks We Could Build a Real Starship Enterprise in 20 Years

In Star Trek lore, the first Starship Enterprise will be built by the year 2245. But today, an engineer has proposed - and outlined in meticulous detail - building a full-sized, ion-powered version of the Enterprise complete with 1G of gravity on board, and says it could be done with current technology, within 20 years. "We have the technological reach to build the first generation of the spaceship known as the USS Enterprise - so let's do it," writes the curator of the Build The Enterprise website, who goes by the name of BTE Dan.

This "Gen1" Enterprise could get to Mars in ninety days, to the Moon in three, and "could hop from planet to planet dropping off robotic probes of all sorts en masse - rovers, special-built planes, and satellites."
:cool:

#18 ·
I'm glad to say that our national sci-fi channel is not rebroadcasting the original series. I am recording them on PVR to watch at my leisure! :cool::up:

#23 ·
I'm on vacation as of now so I will be visiting Vulcan

Enterprise:

Space Station: