1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Star tup Trouble

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Magicman10893, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magicman10893

Magicman10893 Thread Starter

In the last few days my Toshiba Satellite L745-S43210 hasn't been working right. Recently it won't boot up properly. It started to boot up and then it would freeze up seconds after showing my desktop. I managed to go into safe mode and use msconfig to change start up programs and turn it to only the essential items.

After that it worked and I tried turning everything back on and it worked fine last night. I assumed it was just overheating from being used so much in the last few days. Now today when I tried starting it up I was able to enter my password but the screen went black with my mouse pointer working. I turned it off and tried again a few times before going into safe mode. I went back into msconfig again and turned it back to only essential programs and I performed a virus scan with Super Anti-Spyware and Malware Bytes and the only thing that they found were cookies. I cleared them out and booted up windows again and it worked fine. Now I am trying to select only certain programs and choose only the Microsoft, Intel and Toshiba programs/services and now when I boot it up I don't even get the the text box to enter my password, it just shows the blue windows start up screen.

Right now I am using Safe Mode With Networking to type this and try messing with start up programs again. I was hoping someone might be able to help so I can have time to start on my final projects for college today while I have a few hours between finals.

2. anecleto

anecleto

have you tried rolling back to last known good configuration?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice