Star Wars Battlefront II-keeps exiting game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

klg

My son just got Star Wars Battlefront II. It keeps exiting the game on its own. He goes to the game or the training, and suddenly the game is gone and the desktop is there.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, at the end of installation it said " no TnL detected on your display device. Do you want to continue?" What is that?

klg

E Machines 2800+ AMD Sempron processor
256 MB RAM

but under system properties it says 192 MB RAM

The other stuff, can you tell me how to tell what I have because I really dont know.

But here is the report of the system check from the battlefront game showing failed on RAM because i have 192 and 256 needed and also on 3D device failed says there is no 3D device.

Thanks for your help
Trina

LucasArts System Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Product

Name Star Wars Battlefront II

Installation

Path C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\LaunchBFII.exe

DirectX

Version 9.0c

Display devices

Sound devices

Device Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)
Driver viaudios.sys
Version 6.14.0001.4040

CPU

Device AMD Sempron(tm) 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Total 1
Speed 1998 MHz
MMX Yes
SSE Yes
SSE2 No
3DNow Yes

RAM

Total 192 MB

Operating system

Name Windows XP
Version Service Pack 2

Drives

Name C:
Device HDS728080PLAT20
File system NTFS
Total 78529 MB
Available 64288 MB

Name D:
Device HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4481B

Your other memory is being taken up for video. I'm afraid your machine will never play battlefront 2. You not only need more ram but you need video card as well, if you read the back you will see supported video chipsets ATI 8500 and up and Nvidia gforce 3 and up, you have onboard video.

I'm not entirely certain what grpahics card you're using, but you really don't have nearly enough RAM for the game, sorry to say... How are you managing to run WinXP with only 256 MBs, anyhow?

klg

What about Star Wars Republic Commando, is that a no also. The computer cant be upgraded to accomodate these games?

klg

Windows Xp is what the computer came with when i bought it.

On the back of each game, it will have minimum system requirements, I'm not sure about Republic Commando. Yes you could upgrade your PC to play them. You will need a video accelerator, Ram and possibly a new power supply. Do you have an AGP slot?

Yup, you'll probably want to get more RAM. In order to do that, first figure out what type of RAM your system takes, as well as how many RAM slots you have available. As far as graphics cards go, if you have an AGP slot (usually brown or black in color), then you'll have many more options as far as the card goes.

klg said:
I uninstalled and reinstalled, at the end of installation it said " no TnL detected on your display device. Do you want to continue?" What is that?

T 'n' L is a video card that is capable of and has texture and lighting capabilities.

Al

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online