1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

StarCraft 2 Video Issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by godblasko, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godblasko

godblasko Thread Starter

I have an nVidia GeForce 8800 GT video card and a Daytek NLM19S 19" monitor. StarCraft 2 installs fine but when I try to run the game, my monitor comes up with an error message saying "NOT SUPPORT MODE". I've looked up this issue on Blizzard's support page but have found no answers. Blizzard says my video card is supported for the game, is it possible that my monitor is too old to support the resolution required by the game?

My monitor only supports 1024x768 @ 60 Hz.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Possibly, that not supported mode is usually due to the resolution setting the game is set to. If you are able to change the screen resolution when the game loads (some have an ini file you can minipulate) see if it helps if it set to 1024x768 (or whatever your screen is if it's widescreen)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice