1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

starcraft wont install

Discussion in 'Games' started by darkjames, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkjames

darkjames Thread Starter

it gets to about two percent download and then it stops, it dosnt give me a error it just sits at two percent.
    The starcraft people fixed it once but my computer got rebooted.
    So i know that the reason it does this is becouse my computer trys to read the disk to fast. So he had me enter a file"code" into the run program, and it brought up the file that slowed down my computers cd reader thingy.

2. brianF

brianF

If you using win9x try this

Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click System.
    On the Performance tab, click File System.
    Click the CD-ROM tab.
    Move the Supplemental Cache Size slider to the left to allocate less random access memory (RAM) for caching data from the CD-ROM drive

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!