start/all programs/menu-colums to wide help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slowerx

i have about 100 progs, so had 4 rows of menu, then one day i go to select a prog and the rows have got wider i can now only see 3 rows the 4 being off the screen.
thinking it was graphics i set to high res and everything was smaller as it would b, but the menu is still the same.
any ideas guys
thanks

try accsesing your program using Program Files folder on your system drive.

With that many programs you should organize your programs into folders and sub-folders. For example, put all of your system utilities into a folder by that name or maybe group spyware programs together, it depends on what you have.

The shortcuts for the All Programs menu are mainly in two places, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs and C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs for each user account.

You can change the start menue to display a only set number of programs, you probably have not set this so all are in there. You can easily change this by doing this : 1. Right click on start menu, go to properties, then if you are NOT on the classic, you may want to switch. 2. click on the customize button. 3. look on the middle of the box and it should be one named "Programs" 4. Choose the ammount of programs you want in your start menu 5. hit apply. 6. hit ok. then ok on the other box, and reboot.(not exactly sure if reboot is required, but probably do it anyways for changed to take effect)

slowerx, The width of the Programs menus is determined by the longest Program name. Just rename the longest Program shortcut (e.g. rename Lavasoft Ad-aware SE Personal to Ad-aware) by right clicking on the shortcut and choose rename. Do this for any or all columns and your problem should be solved.

Tufenuf

slowerx

thank u very much tufenuf it was indeed the problem
long prog names, they were trial progs so i deleted them, got me rows back AND my serveer
right click probs went as well, frooze every time.
thank u all:) :) :)

slowerx, Glad to see that the problem is solved and Thanks for posting back to let us know.

Tufenuf

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online