1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Start categories won't start!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jillyh, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jillyh

jillyh Thread Starter

I have Windows XP. For at least the last 24 hours, I haven't been able to get any of the items on the start menu to come up, like "My Computer" or even Control Panel. I'm not positive, but I think it began when I tried to install a disk that came with a little digital camera I just got. However, it may have been a problem before that. I didn't notice, because I am not much of a computer expert and I have been able to get into the icons I have on my desk top, like a couple of games and my email. I have also recently added Mozilla as my internet browser as a try at solving excessive pop-up problems and it has been great, but now I can't get internet explorer up at all. (But that's a separate issue. ) I also am unable to get programs from my "all programs" menu to boot. I did try system restore, but so far no luck. Maybe I didn't go back far enough in the restoration? I can't even word process except under my son's name, because he has Word Perfect on his desktop as an icon. Then we can get in! ????
    I'm baffled. jillyh

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice