1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Start Menu Changed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cjbtaylor, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

Hi all

I am running XP Pro, and i dont know what i have done but i do not have a picture on my start menu anymore and when i shut down i dont get the box with the button options, its now like windows 2000 with the drop down list.

How can i get it back to the normal xp??

regards and thanks in advance

Colin

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

3. mal1930

mal1930

Hi, I don't know whether this will help but right click on the start menu button and then click properties. You then have a choice of the XP menu or the classic menu on the start menu tab. It is possible that you have the classic menu ticked instead of the XP menu. I don't know whether that affects the shutdown screen though. Peace Mal

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/110328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice