1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

start menu won't stay open.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Bantman, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bantman

Bantman Thread Starter

I went to use my computer today and whenever i open the start menu and click on a folder to open an application, in the programs menu the start menu closes. As well I've noticed that some open windows flash/blink randomly. I don't care about the blinking but i'm not able to access the programs in the start menu. It works if i switch it back to classic view but i want to use the vista setup. Any help?

2. tacoman359

tacoman359

Did you recently install any new programs? Have you tried reinstalling Vista?

3. ATm

ATm

simply , go to " System Restore " and restore to the latest point and i think everything will be okay ..

i'm waiting :)

4. Bantman

Bantman Thread Starter

tried the restore first. Did nothing to help. I uninstalled every program i installed in the last thirty days....nothing. then this morning i went to open it and its working...so as for now, everything is fine. Like i said i went to bed without it working and when i woke up this morning it was fine. I didn't restart the computer or put it to sleep or anything. I guess its just one of vistas new wonderful features microsoft decided to package.

Thanks for the help

5. Bantman

Bantman Thread Starter

For anyone else with this problem, I ended up creating a new administrative user account and deleting the other one. This worked, i didn't need to reset or update anything. It just immediately fixed the problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!