1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Start>program listing(accessories) moved.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Rich37, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rich37

Rich37 Thread Starter

My wife did some kind of maneuver that caused the "accessories" listing to dissappear from the Start>program list and turn up as a short cut icon on the desktop. How do I put it back?

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

What OS (operating system) are you using?

3. Rich37

Rich37 Thread Starter

I'm using Windows 98 SE.

4. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I don't have a 98 machine to test on right now, later today I will. It's probably just a matter of putting it back into the directory structure. Do the applications work? Do you and your wife use the same profile or do you use multiple profiles on the machine?

5. beekeeper

beekeeper

Right click the shortcut icon for accessories & copy it. Then right click on the start button then explore. This will open the start menu. Left click programmes once. In the right hand panel, right click and paste. that will put accessories back. However, you may find the list is different to before. To edit it back to how you want it:

start >> control panel >> add/remove programmes >> windows set up >>click accessories >> click details >> tick the ones you want installed >> click apply.

To tidy up, you can now remove the shortcut if you like. Hope this helps

6. Rich37

Rich37 Thread Starter

Thanks Bookkeeper, it worked. It's back in place. Thank you too, Cybertech. Thanks for the help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice