1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

start screen

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by zianely55, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zianely55

zianely55 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5850 @ 2.16GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3063 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 8 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238418 MB, Free - 164787 MB; F: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 106616 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0P096C
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
    When I turn on my computer its stars off good with the Windows logo and then the screen goes blank.I have nothing on screen,icons or task bar.I have to press CTRL ALT DEL to go to Task Manager to connect to the internet.This happens a couple of times when I shut off the computer.If I restart it all my icons come back and the tassk bar and everything works fine.I am afraid to shut my computer down so it doesn't happen again.Should I keep my computer in sleep mode instead of shutting it down and is that such a good thing to do. Thank you

2. Halloweens_gone

Halloweens_gone

<p>&lt;p&gt;CTRL alt delete, Open task manager, Click file Click new task (run), type explorer.exe this should fix it I think what had happened is your explorer crashed&lt;/p&gt;</p> and there shld be nothing wrong with putting your computer into sleep rather then shutting down. Though finding out what's crashing your explorer task is a good route too.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice