start/system tray bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bruinator

Banned
This bar changed without me doing anything. How do I get it back to the normal/classic view please? How can this change by itself? I appreciate any help.

bruinator

Banned
Ok, I fixed that but now when I open a web page it covers the whole screen including start/system tray bar. Why is that and how do I fix this, please?

Right click the taskbar and select Properties. Check the box:
Keep the taskbar on top of other windows.
After you set everything like you want, right click the taskbar and select
Lock the Taskbar.

bruinator

Banned
on occasions, when I click an application or short cut option it opens multiple times until I power off my computer and boot into last known good. i've tried an alternate mouse and uninstall / reinstall mouse drivers. What the heck is causing this. I've been told me HJT is fine as well. What can I do to fix this, please?

bruinator

Banned
Augie65 said:
Right click the taskbar and select Properties. Check the box:
Keep the taskbar on top of other windows.
After you set everything like you want, right click the taskbar and select
Lock the Taskbar.
those worked. Any ideas as to my other prob? Thanks by the way.

Never ran across that before. The only thing I would try is to create new shortcuts in case the present ones are corrupt. Try this on one and see if it solves the problem before you change the others. Just delete one you have and go to the application folder and find the exe, right click and select Send To> Desktop (create shortcut)

bruinator

Banned
i'll give it a try. If anyone else can think of something else to try, please let me know. thanks

bruinator

Banned
error in event viewer of "Application popup: firefox.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application. "

Clicking OK didn't do anything. I had to hard boot and use last know good.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online