1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

start up error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sheilawaddingham, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheilawaddingham

sheilawaddingham Thread Starter

Every time I start my computer the following is displayed 'Sonic Activation Module' which refers to a CD-ROM or other removable disk. How do I get rid of this

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

s :
    Does your computer stop at that point, or can you boot into W7,

Please:
    run this forum's sys info utility; paste the results in a reply at this thread
    http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Which brand model & model # computer have you?
    Which brand model & model # motherboard in your computer; cpu, ram, power supply, hard disk drive [ HDD ], optical drive [ CD, DVD, Blue Ray, other ]?

When did the problem begin? Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed? A hardware or software install or removal; update to W7 [ check the update history ], a program [ anti malware or other ]?

At what point during the startup [ boot ] process does this msg appear? As soon as you 1st turn on your computer, what's the first thing displayed? What's the next thing? Continue with a description until the W7 log in screen or the Desktop appear, or the boot process stops.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice