Start-Up Failure?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ryry

Hello! Please help! I have a windows 7, Acer Aspire, that will not boot up.

This morning, when I tried to boot up my computer, I was greeted with the 'blue screen of death' saying that there is a possible software error, or program error, and the computer could not 'boot to protect data'. It then asked me to turn off my computer. When I tried to restart it, it came to a screen that said 'Windows failed to boot. Try Start Up Repair?'

I tried it, but start up repair failed, and said it could not be fixed automatically, and there was '1 Root Error'.

It then asked me to restart again, but this time, I entered boot menu. Instead off offering the normal 'safe mode' and yada, it asked me if I would like to boot 'Recovery D' 'Hard Disk' or something I have never seen called 'NVIDIA BOOT SYSTEM'.

I clicked hard disk, and it booted up normally.

It was running fine last night. It was not running slow, and I did not download anything, or go on any different sites then I usually go on.

What should I do? It won't boot unless I go into 'boot menu'. And it keeps asking me for a password? No viruses were found last night when I shut it off, and it shut off normally as well.

~~~

EDIT:

A little more information:

I read the report, and it said that there was a 'critical system update' that supposedly happened when I turned my computer on, and last night it said there was an update ready to be installed, but my computer usually automatically installs updates when I go to shut down, but like I said, it shut down normally, and was not interrupted while installing the update, and it said nothing about 'configuring' the update when starting up, as well as it says the update was installed this morning, not yesterday?

Hi! this problem happened to me before and if yours is a software problem then this might help,

You can learn how to make and use 'system repair disc' from here: How to create a system repair disc
You can make that CD, or use your Windows installation disc, you can also use the 'System Restore' from that CD so you back to an old restore point before this problem happen.

Edit: info about the recovery options What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online