start up folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Akuller

I am suddenly getting a Dell folder that automatically opens whenever I turn on my PC. I've gone thru the steps to add/remove items from the start up group, yet, this folder is not an option in there. Any clues to how I can stop this folder from opening? The drive that shows up is C:\Program Files\Dell. It did not used to do this...

Thanks,
AK

Akuller

I followed that but never came to the proper place. I may not have been clear enough, it is actually after I log in that the dell folder opens automatically. Is there another place in the regedit for this issue?

Thanks

Akuller

Thanks rka01, but that didn't stop the "C:\Program Files\Dell" folder from automatically opening after I log in. Very useful download, as I removed other stuff but did not solve the problem.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

could check your boot.ini file, it might of been screwed with, i dont remember how to add but you can check it by simply searching for the file and then using the find option in notepad and search for Dell or the full file location

Akuller

That is my last option I think. I'm not very satisfied with my current Dell help, (getting through & communication wise) but it's worth a shot.

Thanks!

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Download, install and run HiJackThis

Run the Scan and save log option.
When the LOG file opens in Notepad, select all, copy
Then return here and in a reply post, paste.
This will allow us to review all of your startup entries and hopefully find the culprit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online