1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Start up menu

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by robert.bev, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robert.bev

robert.bev Thread Starter

First Name:
    Robert
    Hi All
    Is there a way to get rid of the "My recent documents" folder from the start up menu?

My system is XP Pro

When I opposite click on the folder I do not get the usual menu with all the options including "delete", all I get a list of what I have been opening over a long period of time, it would be nice to find a way of deleting the list of folders etc all at once, at the moment I delete them one at once and it takes forever. :confused:
    Regards to for 2007
    Robert.

2. stantley

stantley

Right click on the Start Button > Properties > Customize > Advanced, at the bottom click on 'Clear List'.

3. matt-h

matt-h

That only clears the list. To Remove it completely from the Start Menu, use the above path and next to the clear list button uncheck List Recent Docs, although after doing the above I presume you have already worked that out...

4. robert.bev

robert.bev Thread Starter

First Name:
    Robert
    Many thanks to you both, Stantley and Matt-h, I have followed your instructions and the the prob was solved, I will add your information to my list of tips that I have stored on a floppy and maybe it will benefit someone else in the future.
    My thanks Robert.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!