1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

start up messege a problem?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mijz, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mijz

mijz Thread Starter

hi guys good day its me again. i got another problem. how could i get rid of this messages:
    let me inumerate:

1.)
    Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a Windows application.

The windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file, but the device file no longer exists.

If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated application using it’s uninstall or setup program.

If you still want to use the application associated with this device file, try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file.

vredir.vxd

dfs.vxd

Press any key to continue. . .

2.)
    Unable to load the dynamic link library:
    msnp32.dll
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    Some or all of the following feature is not available:
    Microsoft Network

3.)
    Cannot find the file ‘CDSETUP.EXE’ (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

Could not load or run ‘CDSETUP.EXE’ specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the WIN.INI file.

hope guys you find answer
    thanks in advance.

2. Blue Zee

Blue Zee

For issues 1 and 2, try this:

Cannot find VREDIR.VXD, DFS.VXD and MSNP32.DLL

For issue 3, try:

Start > Run > type MSCONFIG and press Enter

Select the WIN.INI tab, locate the reference to CDSETUP.EXE and remove the tick from the box, reboot and confirm the message does not reappear.

Good luck.

Zee

3. mijz

mijz Thread Starter

zee my problem is i don't have the windows cd to do the things in issue 1,2. do you have any idea where i could get such file "vredir.vxd, dfs.vxd". or any other solution you have.

4. Blue Zee

Blue Zee

Try locating the *.CAB files in your HDD, maybe you have them there.

Zee

5. mijz

mijz Thread Starter

i will try that but what if my drive haven't got that file. any other option.

6. Blue Zee

Blue Zee

Borrow a copy of the Windows CD.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice