Start up problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

richocki

I have to push my power on button 7 or more times before the computer turns on. Once it gets going it boots ok and everything is fine from then on. I do not have hibernation enabled. It is a new computer (3 months) but this has only been a problem for about 3 weeks or so.

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
512 MB

Couriant

James
This is everytime you boot it up?

What brand is the machine?

dai

faulty button or connection,if it is under warranty let them fix it

richocki

Yes, everytime I turn the computer on it takes a few pushes on the button before it turns on. The computer is not a brand name but a custom build by a very reputable shop.

It may very well be a bad switch and it is under warranty. It has a 3 year warranty. That is one reason I went with a custom build. My last machine was a Compaq with a 1 year warranty and a restore disk - I got the XP OS disk with this one. Thanks for the reply..... I think I will stop in Monday and talk to the tech.

Couriant

James
Yeah, it could be a bad connection to the power. Good luck! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online