1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Start up problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RPT, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPT

RPT Thread Starter

I's having a rather annoying problem I can't seem to get at. There are a number of programs I run at start-up, including an anti-virus program, keyboard and mouse drivers, an enhanced system tray calendar, etc. However, when I reboot, not all of the programs initiate, and some of those that do don't show up on the system tray. I've gone onto msconfig to ensure that they are included in the start up routine. I've gone into task manager after I've booted. and it tells me that there are some programs working that are not in the system tray. Others did not load at all. I've played around with removing some programs from the start-up routine, but no joy. I'm running XP SP2 on an AMD64-bit 3000.

Thx in advance, and a happy '06 to all!!:)

2. ynotwilly

ynotwilly

RPT, I'm having the same problem. However, if I log off my user name and log back on with the same user name everything starts as it should. Try this and see what happens. I know it's inconvenient, but until someone offers us a fix, it may get you running again! Post back and let me know if it works for you.
    Ynotwilly

3. ynotwilly

ynotwilly

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!