Start up repair failed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeRT

So I ended up reseting my computer to factory settings because when I ran sfc scannow it found corrupted files and I was unable to fix them luckily the factory restore did that. But today after updating everything I was unable to update a few drivers so I look up what to do and startup repair was one of them, so I did that and got the msg in the picture. My question is, is there any way to fix this? PS: I ran /sfc scannow and the other restore health command. Also I’m currently running chkdsk /r c:

Attachments

Last edited:

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Where did you download the drivers from?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
NEVER use and drivers from Microsoft updates unless they are for MS devices.

Always get them from the OEM!

What happens when you click advance options?

MikeRT

Can you still get into Windows ?
Yes, The issue is I’m having in game lag for my games and I got that msg with startup repair. I managed to update those drivers through device manager. So everything is up to date but I still get game lag and the msg when launching startup repair

MikeRT

NEVER use and drivers from Microsoft updates unless they are for MS devices.

Always get them from the OEM!

What happens when you click advance options?
So I should never update my drivers through device manager? Also when I choose advanced options it takes my back this screen

Attachments

MikeRT

I’m going to contact the manufacturer First thing Monday but if I could fix it myself before that it would mean a lot

managed

Allan
Startup Repair is used when you can't get into Windows, it won't fix anything to do with drivers.

You can still use Device Manager, get the drivers from the maker of your Graphics card though, Windows Update can install the wrong driver sometimes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online