1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Start-up RUNDLL problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by duette242, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duette242

duette242 Thread Starter

I am using windows XP and i have recently had some viruses and lots of pop-ups but i seem to have solved this but i have been left with a problem. When my pc starts up and i log on it then says " RUNDLL Error loading C:/WINDOWS/yabawt.dll the specified module could not be found". I just wondered if anyone would be able to help me get rid of this message.

Thanks Eve

2. mf-tech

mf-tech

Are you comfortable with editing the registry? If so, you could check the following path to see if a remnant file was left in the startup folder.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Any listed in that folder will be launched when windows starts. Delete the key with the "yabawt.dll" file listed in it. You could also run msconfig and look in the startup tab for an entry with "yabawt.dll" in and uncheck it. Then reboot.

Hope this helps solve your issue.

3. dez_666

dez_666

Do you have your windows disk? you can try opening the run prompt and typing in

Code:
    sfc /scannow
    this will run "system file checker" and check if you have corrupt or missing protected system files, hopefully including the one mentioned in your problem..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!