Start Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gabby12127

We had a power failure and upon start up my computer takes forever to start up, this was never a problem before this. When I shut down or reboot, it's at least a 10 min. or more to start it back up. I am no computer twinkie, so I need help..thank you

bonk

Banned
Howdy,

Was your PC plugged in when the power came back ON and do you have a surge protector?

Microsoft says whenever a computer freezes or reboots (crashes) (in your case power interruption)you need to run chkdsk
Start, my computer, right click on your hard drive, select properties, select tools, error checking click "check now"(chkdsk). you also will see defragging there and you want to do that after chkdsk
(General maintenance can save allot of headaches, see link below for general maintenance)

Hard drive
Download the diagnostic tool and check your hard drive
Hard Disk Drive Diagnostics/Utilities

bonk

Banned
Certainly give Check disk a go

Click Start then Run type cmd the OK

In the new screen type chkdsk /r then push the Enter key you will be told that a Check Disk will start on next restart click Y and press Enter

Restart your PC and let it run the checks ..it may take awhile.......don't not turn off the PC will it is checking.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online