1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Start Using Chat!!

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by X_Gamer7, Oct 7, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

Why don't you people ever use the chatroom? It's much faster than hacing to wait to see if anybody replied to your post! Why doesn't anyone use it?

2. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

typo: hacing is supposed to be having:D

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

People usually frequent the chat area later in the evening, and this is a hands on tech support board that helps others in the future, so we basically try to keep most things in posts ;)

4. wedor

wedor

I for one don't "chat" I don't care for it now and probably never will. I prefer the forum or e-mail to communicate, it lets me take the time to think about what I am going to say and how I want to word it. I think the chat community has spawned a bunch of illiterates who have no concept of spelling, punctuation or grammar. I don't ususally answer posts from people using "chat" language, meaning abreviated words, no caps and run on sentences. Such as; cn ne1 hlp me i hv a prblm

5. XbrvhrtX

XbrvhrtX

If I remember correctly Chat, like Random was a place to get away from it all, ie Use the forum for problems and Chat for just that "CHAT". Im sure that was the Thought behind Chat When The Members Where donating for the Software.

On Another note, I think the response Speed to problems raised in these forums is excelent, try emailing your troubles to the software or hardware providers to see how fast THEY react.

If you see there are a few members browsing the forum that the problem has been added to usualy you will have a reply in a few minutes, not only that, but alot of members go out of there way to do a "google" search to see if they can find a direct fix. Now thats something anyone can do before posting, but usualy dont.

Another tip is to hit the refresh/reload button every few mins to see if there has been a reply.

***maybe the above tip could be included in member registration, as alot of new members aren't just new to TSG but computers in general***

Cheers
    XbrvhrtX :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!