1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Starting a Small Business

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by matt-h, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matt-h

matt-h Thread Starter

hi, my dad is starting up his own business, where he is a freelance finance director. he has called it 'Integrus Business Management Ltd'. he wants to get a website and email set up. the domain needs to be rememberable and he wants to have an email that is [email protected]
    what are the best places to go about this and any ideas on the best things to do?
    Thanks

2. DrP

DrP

where are you?

3. matt-h

matt-h Thread Starter

sorry, england so we would want a co.uk type address.
    integrus.com/uk/org/net are taken, only .ltd.uk .tv and other obscure ones are available.
    from a web developers point of view, how good is a address like integrus-bm.co.uk
    i know i am getting picky but we want to get this absolutely right.

4. DrP

DrP

I use ukreg.com for registering domain names and I've had no problems since I started using them.
    I'd take integrusbm.co.uk or integrus-bm.co.uk.
    Ukreg will do a free email service for you but if you want hosting try the free hosting at 5quidhost.co.uk (I've just suggested this to someone else in a post called "Host advice" or something like that).

5. matt-h

matt-h Thread Starter

6. DrP

DrP

Have a look at the hosting plans on www.5quidhost.co.uk where you can have a free hosting account which includes unlimited POP3 email accounts. This means you can have what ever email addresses you like as long as the are [email protected]
    Are you planning on building it yourself?

7. matt-h

matt-h Thread Starter

yes, i have already started, and before anyone asks there is already a TSG ad in it. it will be simple but hopefully professional, if i have problems i'll ask here, and i'll probably ask for opinions in the critique thing too.
    thanks though, once we get confirmation through of the name and setup and banking stuff i'll get the stuff sorted out, cheers DrP

8. matt-h

matt-h Thread Starter

hmmm... which 5quid level would you recommend, i dont know what half the stuff there is!

9. DrP

DrP

Try the free one!?!
    If you have no problems with it then you can upgrade if you need to. There is probably enough space and bandwidth to do until it starts to get busy, anyway.

10. matt-h

matt-h Thread Starter

yeah, thats what i thought, i was just a bit unsure about some of the things that you get. cool, i will let the forums know how things are going once we confirmation of the business name.

11. matt-h

matt-h Thread Starter

ok, which ukreg option should i choose?
    i dont understand them...

12. deepdiver01

deepdiver01

I haven't used ukreg, but it appears that the domain you want is available for GBP2.95 per year.

I just went on to ukreg and tried integrusbm on the domain checker and .co.uk, .com, and many other options are available.

If you want .co.uk as previously stated, it is there. Why not sign as a non-member for the time being and you can utilise the 'contact us' option they have on their site to seek further clarification from them.

Edit. Why not purchase 1 domain year option for the time being. You can renew it when it becomes due

13. matt-h

matt-h Thread Starter

i have registered, and logged in and clicked registered and typed in the site i want, but it is the options below that i dont understand. what happened to the £2.95pa it advertises? any ukreg users??

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice