Starting computer from CD in WIN95

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

discoverer

I have computer running WIN2000. I have several old applications running on WIN95 which cannot run on WIN2000. Is it possible to start computer from CD in WIN95 with file allocation table FAT32 to use those old application?

Good news: You can set up your system to 'dual boot' - ie: have both Win95 and Win2k installed and choose between them on startup.

Bad News: You would need to have your HDD set up as Fat32 and install Win95 before Win2k, so if you want to do that, you will have to copy off all your data and start again.

You can boot the computer using a Win95 boot floppy but you will not be able to do much without using the Hard Disk, which Win95 will not be able to recognise while it is formatted as NTFS. I believe you can convert the disk back using something like Partition Magic but it is probably best to just start over.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online