starting from scratch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

myming

hello all,

ok, so i'm a bit slow here -

all my time in cyber space has been spent on a desktop and now i'm considering something
portable.

if i get a laptop and take it somewhere, it does not need to be connected to anything because
it runs on batteries, correct ?
are they less secure than desktops or does it depend on the security programs i download ?

thank you.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Batteries do not last for forever so always carry your power cord with you.
Depending of your machine and battery, they last UP to about 6 hours, but some with age are less than 2 hours.

They are no more a security risk as long as you continue to use the normal AV and other protection and smart browsing.
When connected to the internet, make sure that your network setting is set to "Public" so other machines will be blocked.

myming

Batteries do not last for forever so always carry your power cord with you.
Depending of your machine and battery, they last UP to about 6 hours, but some with age are less than 2 hours.

They are no more a security risk as long as you continue to use the normal AV and other protection and smart browsing.
When connected to the internet, make sure that your network setting is set to "Public" so other machines will be blocked.
hello daveA,

thank you for your informative advice.

what brand would you recommend ?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well, We have used and like Sony's.

You may be able to find some using the VAIO line.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Our first laptop was a Toshiba and we had nothing but trouble, then we bought a Sony and they all have been great. We both have one, the wife's is a Windows 7 and mine is Windows 8.1.
I use mine mainly for doing presentations using a LCD projector.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online