Starting Outlook 2007 causes Microsoft Office 2007 to reconfigure itself

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mild_mannered

Running Vista Ultimate (32 bit) on HP Media Center Desktop Unit (8100y). Each time system is booted up and Outlook 2007 is accessed for the first time, Microsoft Office 2007 begins to reconfigure itself. Neither canceling of the configuation process nor allowing the process to complete seems to have any apparent effect on subsequent operations.

Performed repair function on the Office application without any discernible effect. Any help in resolving this issue would be truly appreciated! :confused:

mild_mannered

I apply all updates as soon as they become available - using the automatic update feature - if that is what you're asking.

Vista cannot use the office update last time i checked, if it is update related, though it sound wierd, then change you update setting do use microsoft updat, by clicking the get updates for other products when you launch windows update manually. if you have a lot of stuff running and not a lot of memory 2GB + Outlook can be slow to load or configure an account.

mild_mannered

Per your suggestion, I reviewed the status of available upgrades.
All updates appear to be installed - so that does not appear to be the problem.
Anyone have any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts