1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Starting up WoW ends up in screen pixilation and hard lock

Discussion in 'Games' started by quickzen, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. quickzen

quickzen Thread Starter

After a few seconds, even sometimes at the login screen, my whole screen gets wild bars of pixilated colors and sometimes i can close it in time before the hardlock, but sometimes it goes into a black screen and goes back into a hard lock. After i reboot my computer, my load up screen becomes very pixilated. There are black and white checkered pixilation even when it shows the stats of my computer and it will end up going to the blue screen of death and rebooting until the screen is back to normal then it will load up normally.

Ive tried using previous NVIDIA drivers and the newest ones
    I use the NVIDIA 8600GT
    My fans are normal my video card never goes past 50 degrees and i checked all my other temperatures and their all normal

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.80 GHz
    3.00GB RAM
    64-bit Operating system
    Dell Insipiron 531
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Dell use to be windows vista then i tried fixing it by upgrading to windows 7 but made no difference.

Ive tried cleaning it and dusting it, took out all ram and video cards using dust canister and putting it back in but nothing worked.

I dont do any type of overclocking and this started happening at random, i usually play WoW very smoothly and had no previous problems and this problem had suddenly come up

also tried using driver sweeper uninstalling driver and reinstalling it from NVIDIA CDS

Ive tried everything please help.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If this is the only game that is having issues, perhaps reinstalling it would help.

3. quickzen

quickzen Thread Starter

so i ran the video card stability test and after 1 min it told me "it froze"
    and said

Perhaps thev deio card switched into low-accelerated mode.
    Ify you have overclocked you videocard, you need to lower your gpu and mem frequency. After reboot please launch a test again.

Ive never overclocked anything and could somone tell me how i can get to the low-accelerated mode so i can turn it back to high or something? =p

4. quickzen

quickzen Thread Starter

my video card burnt out anyone know of any reallly good video cards for its price nothing over 200 but id prefer around 100 lol thats equal or better than the geforce 8600GT which im using right now

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I was about to say the video card would be the prime suspect.

as for video cards, check the Hardware forums. there is usually someone asking about a new video card. I'm out of touch with the current models.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/876161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice