1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Starting Windowz Saga

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mr_yalC, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

Welll.... As the STORY/SAGA continuez.... I had a drive that I sent in for replacement, which turns out was bad, so I sent that one in too and got another one this afternoon.

Now I fdisk and formatted the drive but when I try to load Win2K Svr I keep getting an error... I/O error.

So I took/unplugged the working drive.. plugged in my drive from the svr rig, and was able to load Win2K... Put the HD into my svr rig and I get error...

So I put my Pro2K HD in the svr rig and I get error. I put the drive back into my Pro2K rig and all is fine.

So I RE-formatted HD in the svr rig... started loading Win2K with FAT partition, and since it seems to start off without ANY errors...

I stopped the load, and RE-started the load to take NTFS....

YAHOOOOOOO.. I am BACK in BIZNIZ baby...... :) Running stable for the last 2 hours :D

I hope my steps HELPZ someone in the FUTURE.... !!!

2. Dan O

Dan O

Nice work. Thanks for sharing the info.

3. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

Thx Dan.....

Just a process of elimination. In the workplace I can get hot and run on the fly... But here at home on my sver rig.... I have nightmares.....

But funny thing though.. How come I am still pondering WHY my wkstn rig's HD did NOT work in the svr rig/box?

I hate when I bypass problemz... But as long as I am up and running I will tackle that one at a later time.... (NOOOOT!!)

Now.... Why can't I Use these 2 128M SDRAM when I using.. OOOPS!!!! I just answered that ???....

I have 2 64M PC100 SDRAM where these 2 128M SDRAM obv. must NOT be PC100 SDRAM which is what my board must take.

4. Dan O

Dan O

You are sure on your toes by being able to solve problems so quickly.

5. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

Now if ONLY I can pass my MCSE and get a decent paying gig...

Ya have my addy.... [email protected] Drop me a line...

And this CASE is closed....

Next DRAMA to come will be est. home network...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice