Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starts to charge then stops

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
So I have a HP CQ60 215dx. When I first plug it in its starts to charge the battery and then stops cold. The battery monitor shows charging and the l.e.d. on the front shows charging then goes out.Two different adapters and the same thing. If I unplug it it will charge for a second and stop. Flashed the bios. Did the unplug adapter remove battery and press start button deal and still same thing. If I keep doing it for a long time the battery will show a charge improvement. Think it's the M.B.? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to those who tried to help with my last comp. But it was the hard drive like you said. This si the newer model I acquired and still having computer issues H.E.L.P.

#3 ·
I have the original charger and and an aftermarket one. Both units act the same. It's weird how it sometimes will charge for a few moments and sometimes for just a second or two. Also noticed when I brought up the bios it would charge longer when in bios mode. Also will not charge at all when the screen is down or unit is "closed".:(

#4 ·
I have a HP CQ60 215dx.
Here is the support site for the Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX laptop.

You might want to add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

The "Solve a problem - Power & Batteries" section may be helpful to you.

------------------------------------------------------------

#10 ·
Good point... Have you ever heard of this issue before?
And how would one be able to tell the age of a battery?
Isn't there a battery test the computer does?I seem to recall a test like this somewhere but cannot remember how?
Remove the AC power... if your laptop goes dead... :)

It could be the battery charger unit... but it seems the battery is the problem.

The life of the battery soley depends on the user. Mishandled/mistreated batteries can go bad quickly.

#11 ·
If I remove the charger the battery will keep the unit running but is critically low on charge. If I re-insert the jack it will begin to charge but then stop. If I do this over and over the battery will gain a charge 1% at a time. I have gotten it up to 50% but it took quite a long time. And a lot of unplugging and replugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.