Startup after OS Clean install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Marjnal

Hello,

Today is my first experience with a Mac System. My Daughter bought a new Mac Laptop and gave me her old system. I have never used one before and I am impressed.

PowerMac G4
350Mhz Processor
700 MB Ram
32 Meg Pci ATI 7000
10 Gig HD
9.2.1 OS

The computer was freezing up frequently when she had it, just before it came home with me. I decided to reinstall the Operating System with the 9.2.1 install disk. I followed all of the instructions and the install went well. When I re-booted the computer, it started with the OS 9.2 window and showed the progression with the bar as it started. Icons loaded on the bottom of the blue background screen and all appeared OK. After the icons disappear, I am left with a pretty blue screen and nothing else. No icons or anything else appears on the screen. I booted again and per the instructions I made sure that the Mac HD was chosen for start in the start-up disk options. I just does the same thing on start-up. I am sure that this is something quite simple.

I really like the computer and it is a pleasant change from the normal PC boredom. I plan on using it for my normal work and keep the PC for games, etc.

Thanks, Al:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online