startup dilemma

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cubbycuddly

Hi,

I've been having problems with memory resources being low. In a bid to compensate I am trying to disable some programs via msconfig-startup. Problem is there is a couple of programs that i disable which when I check again after rebooting have selected themselves again. I definitely clicked on apply after disabling these programs before clicking ok.

These programs are:

Update grokster

easyshare digital camera software

kodak live update

zonealarm

description of shortcut (no idea what that is)

Can someone please tell me how I can disable these programs without them enabling themselves after rebooting?

thanks.

cubbycuddly.

first off try starting those programs and see if you can find any "load with windows" boxes you can uncheck under their options menus
next- trying deleting them from your windows-start menu-startup folder
if the doesn't work-
run regedit.exe
goto:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Microsoft - Windows -
CurrentVersion - Run
left click Run, go to top menu- select "registry, export registry file..." , check the "selected branch" button, name it startup or whatever
(just in case something goes wrong- then just double click
startup.reg to return to you original settings)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts