StartUp enabled software won't disable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SnazzySushi

My computer had some trouble with freezing after the login menu so I tried to fix it. After some trial and error I put the computer into safe mode and used task manager to access the software that start up when i go to desktop. I disabled all of them then was told to reboot after I rebooted I checked task manager and they re enabled themselves. I couldn't see a button to save my changes so I'm slightly confused.. Any help?

dmccoy

Darrin
Hi, should have worked using task manager, maybe ccleaner will work, still this behavior is not normal.
Right click the start button and select powershell(admin) from the options. Copy the below cmdlet and right click anywhere in the powershell window, the cmd will append to the prompt (press enter). Please post the notepad output here.

Get-CimInstance Win32_StartupCommand | Select-Object Name, command, Location, User | Format-List | out-file $home\file.txt
start notepad $home\file.txt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online