Startup Error (Bios scanlines) to black screen?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

n0xi3

Hey guys, So i was on my computer and went to log into Starcraft 2. As that happened my PC Froze. I decided to cold boot it because I could not do anything.

When I started it up I noticed the mother board splash screen had these barcode scanline things vertical going down but it was only on that splash screen.

I was taken to the "Launch start up repair" that did nothing, because as soon as it was done repairing it tried running windows 7 and got stuck on a black screen after you see the windows logo go away.

I am not sure what at ALL could be the cause of this boot issue. Please help me try to figure this out.

I am on win7
AMD X2 6000+
Nvidia 7000 GS
2Gigs of Ram
Asus M2nE mobo

Let me know if there is anything else that I could provide.. I would say the only other thing would be that all of the lights (keyboard, mouse) stay on once the computer gets stuck again on this black screen.

Also I went into the BIOS and the scanlines are in there as well.

FYI: This is not a newly built computer and has been running fine for a while

Any help I am grateful for!!!

Thanks
~n

UPDATE 1 ::
Changed GFX Card and scanlines went away. What does this mean for the card. Is it shot? something malfunction? Is there a fix or do I need a new card.

n0xi3

The problem went away.. I actually baked the card in the oven once i found the card was messed up and it is working again.. hopefully it holds out till I can upgrade.

re: "I actually baked the card in the oven once..."
Did you bake some Banana Peels at the same time?:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online