Solved Startup error 'choose boot device' or 'enter set up'

jayty

Hello, I hope you can help with this please...
IMG_20200924_172308.jpg
I always power down after a session. Was using my Win 10 Asus Tuf FX505DT-AL043T laptop in the morning and everything was working normally. Later when I pressed the 'power on' button, I got the error message above.
I am unfamilar with Win 10 and just not sure which of the options shown will cause the least trouble for me?
I am unable to upload full specs as they are not currently accessible. It has two SSDs, the second has its own partition allocated to it. Boot, and Sytem, have their own partitions. Personal data kept in separate partitions.
have never dual booted any other OS into this machine.
This laptop and Win 10 OS are new to me since Jan this year, and has been a trouble free experience until now.
Win OS is the one before 1909. Haven't updated to 1909 yet, as previous version reputed to be more stable.

Thank you in advance

jayty

Thanks, but in a situation like this choosing one option or the other can result in a situation that can make me wish I had asked someone first. I was hoping for an answer from someone who already knew what the result would be of clicking either of those choices.
Luckily, after a couple of days of being unused, the laptop sorted itself out and is now working fine.

I ask simply because I have done it before ... more than once ... and with no ill effects that I can recall.

What you would normally want is the Windows Boot Manager. And since it already highlighted for you, press [Enter] and move on.

You can sit there though if you like. It's your life, your computer. <shrug> ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online