1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Startup hangup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fiatspider79, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fiatspider79

fiatspider79 Thread Starter

I just finished installing a new VZAccess Manager for my new Trio 700p phone. I also installed the new caSecurity Suite and ran a PC Pitstop tune-up.

Now, on startup it hangs on the blue "Welcome" screen, through the audio cue and a single beep. Eventually it displays the desktop with the following error message, "Error loading the Tcp Mib library." Clicking OK clears the error box and everything appears to work well after that.

Apparently I have deleted something or flipped a switch somewhere, can you tell me where to go to resolve this issue?

Thanks so very much.

Glenn

2. valis

valis Moderator

3. fiatspider79

fiatspider79 Thread Starter

Valis

Thanks for the link but the problem occurs on startup not when adding a printer port. Additionally, when I click OK the message goes away and all seems to function correctly the article says a follow-on error message of "Specified port can not be added..."

That doesn't sound like my problem, unless I have mis-read something.

Glenn

4. valis

valis Moderator

my bad, sorry, didn't read the entire page.....had someone in my office at teh time.....hang on....

5. valis

valis Moderator

are any of the below files right off the root drive?

Wsnmp32.dll, Ntprint.dll, Tcpmib.dll, Mgmtapi.dll, or Snmpapi.dll

if so, let me know.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice