Startup Internet Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SASDeshi

Hey people.

You guys helped me with my last problem so i'm hoping you can again :)

Here is my situation:
I have recently got a program that allows me to connect to my pc anywhere in the world.
In this, i have the option to reboot my remote pc (the one i am on now). So when it reboots the internet connection dosn't start up and i can't connect back to the pc without someone manually doing it from the computer if you get what i mean.

Explained more:
KEY
PC = Any PC
PC1 = Computer with the remote program on

- PC1 on ON and has an Internet connection running.
- PC connects to PC1
- Problem with the software to PC has to reboot PC1.
- PC is disconnected due to PC1 rebooting
- PC1 loads up again but with no internet connection started
- PC cannot connect

What i need...
I am looking for a way for when the PC starts up, the internet dials automatically. I have tried scheduled tasks but i don't have a password for the user and i can't work it out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ALOT!

Ross

Hey all this is SASDeshi. I just remembered this accounts password :p Just to let you know lol

Ross

Hi Deshi,

I suggest you to do this :
on the PC which connects to the Internet, I guess there is an icon on the desktop to dial. If it's so, right-click on the icon and select 'Copy'.
Click on the MyComputer icon, click as many times to open the folder C:\Windows\Documents and Settings\All Users\Startup Menu\Programs\Startup, right-click anywhere in the open folder and select 'Paste'. The dialer icon should be copied.
When you restart the computer, the dialing will be automatically performed but you must be sure that the settings of the dialer are correctly filled (login and password).

Hey

Thanks for that. I had done it before you said it but it didn't work. You saying it again made me think more about it and figured i put the wrong 1 in the folder :p

thanks for the help!!

Ross

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts