Startup loop

Lyng7

I'm having a problem with my laptop it was shutdown during a factory reset and now when I turn it on the Dell logo will pop up then it will go to a black screen, it just keeps going from the logo to the blackscreen no matter what I do the only.things I can go to are setup and boot options and there is nothing that helps there.

Couriant

James
Sounds like the factory reset did not work. How did you do the factory reset?

Also what is the service tag of your Dell?

Lyng7

The service number is FL00N52 I tried to factory reset it and it got stuck at 47% for hours so I didn't think about it and shut it down then the loop started

Couriant

James
Did you try the recovery from a disc or was the factory reset from the recovery partition?

Worse case, you can install the windows OS again by using the OS Recovery Tool (USB drive required and the service tag)

Lyng7

I don't know how I download it because I can't do anything on the laptop

Couriant

James
I don't know how I download it because I can't do anything on the laptop
You will need to use another computer to download it on an usb drive. Hopefully we can use a repair option.

Lyng7

What do I do when I have it on the drive I plug it in and nothing happens

Couriant

James
Im sorry for not posting... it may have been that I had your thread up along with others then didn't get a chance to reply (i.e. finished working or browser froze), but I am glad you were able to get this resolved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online