Startup notepad message on Windows XP Home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IrishLord82

When I power up my laptop, Toshiba Satellite model S305, notepad opens with the following message:

[.ShellClassInfo]
[email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

I don't know if this is a problem, an error or what. Do I need to do something to correct a problem generating this message and, if so, what? I've tried using earlier restore dates to see if this solves the problem but it hasn't (I've gone back as far as six weeks). Any info to help get rid of this startup message would be greatly appreciated.

Solution may be e-mailed to me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online