Startup problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AsGaR

Hi;
:(
I have yesterday a problem encountered.
My friends windows xp starts normal, but after loging on, i see just the wallpaper, nothing else. no desktop symbols, no taskbar, nothing.
how can i solve this problem ?

thanks

bonk

Banned
Welcome,

Your friend could try System Restore to a time before this happened.

They would have to get into Safe Mode first if possible

1. Restart your computer.
2. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode.

when in Safe Mode click Start then Run type msconfig click OK
Then click the Launch System Restore button
Pick a date in Dark Blue to before the problem happened and follow the prompts.

AsGaR

BONK; i tried all what you wrote
but did not fix
but I will try Joanyoung's recommendation tomowrrow

thanks

bonk

Banned
Understood.....

Joanyoung suggestion may open explorer but when you startup again I feel you will have the same problem

A repair install might be in order.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online