Startup Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

§onic €hao

It all started ever since I used EasyCleaner 2.0 . When I startup I get the loading cursor and it freezes. With no mouse, MouseKeys does not work in Safe Mode. spybotsd always gets an illegal operation when running it, and it is my only spware remover. scanreg/restore does not work, when it did finally work at a 2002 date, it still did not work. Wiping my HD seems to be the only answer/re-installing the OS. How do I do that? I would like to wipe the HD but this all has to be in safe mode....and only the C:\ and A:\ (floppy) drives show up, so I need to wipe the HD. How would I go about doing that??

You might try first reinstalling Windows on top of the current version. You shouldn't lose any programs, data or configurations and it may solve the problem.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
EasyCleaner 2.0.6.380(with blacklist #7) is pretty safe to use, as long as you stick with the "Registry" and "Unnecessary" functions and don't use the other functions. I've used it regularly in all 3 of my computers.

§onic €hao

Good, but how do I install Windows on top of my current version? I only can use A:\ and C:\ since no others appear in safe mode......what do I do? Call it quits?? Then could someone post at http://s4.invisionf ree.com/mysticforum/ (remove the space) that I won't be back because I need a new computer? Infact, that would be good if someone could do that...

flavalee: I am using the newest version of EasyCleaner, I guess that I used the other functions, infact I think I used the majority of them....:eek:

Information on a variety of ways to install (or re-install Win9x) can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/win9x_install.htm

Topics covered are:
Overview
FDISK and/or FORMAT
First Time Install
Simple Re-Install - (Over Existing Installation)
Clean Installation or Upgrade - (Keeping Windows & Program Files Directories)
New Installation - (Removing Original Files without a Format)

§onic €hao

Thanks Bob Cerelli, I will try that.

Anyway, I am printing it off of teh school computer, and am going to try it. I hope this will work...I can't get back to a PC/stupid school Mac9.1 :D until Tuesday...I hope this works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online