1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Startup problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by chrisn66, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisn66

chrisn66 Thread Starter

hi. i have a toshiba laptop and it fails to start up.
    when i turn on the poqwer, this screen comes up:

Windows error recovery

if windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. if power was interrupted during startup, choose start windows normally.
    (use the arrow keys to highlight your choice.)

Launch startup repair (recommended)
    start windows normally

i first tried selecting start windows normally, but it just restarted my alptop after about 30 seconds.
    i then tried selecting launch startup repair. it showed a gray load bar at the bottom of the screen that was labelled "windows is loading files". it then goes to a blank screen with only the mouse that shows and it stays there until you turn off or restart your computer.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

2. ChildOfLore

ChildOfLore

Did your laptop come with a windows disc? If so, you can boot up from that and repair it from there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice