Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically(No OS files found on disc)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TreDeuce

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP Pavilion MS228UK. When I power it on, it runs Startup Repair and then gives me the mesage 'Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically'. In the details all the tests were completed successfully with error codes '0x0' except the last one which gave 'error code 0x490' with the message 'No OS files found on disc'. I ran the memory diagnostic tool which found no faults. I have tried to boot system recovery using F11 but that is not working either.

All help appreciated
Thanks

TerryNet

Terry
Does the BIOS detect the hard drive? Is there a hard drive diagnostic that can be run (there usually is when a memory diagnostic is also included)?

TreDeuce

No there is not but I have managed to sort it out and am now able to login. I have noticed that the recovery partition is now empty and has changed from drive 'D' to drive 'E'. I do not have any recovery discs either. Can anyone help with sorting this out and getting it back to normal.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online