1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

StartUp Repair Loop, can't log in

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lostlost, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lostlost

lostlost Thread Starter

Since yesterday morning, I've been getting the startup repair loop and I can't get past this (at first a few blue screens but now they dont show up). The few days before that, I've been getting windows updates. Once its done scanning, it says no errors were detected and I can go into the other recovery options (i tried all of them, all tests were passed, system restore does not help) or restart. Once it does, it will go straight back to startup repair. I can get into the F8 menu but none of those options work, straight back to startup repair. I did one memory check test I believe and it said I had a missing file "driver/ddftaizg.sys" I think it was. In startup recovery diagnostics and repair details, it says at the bottom: Root cause found: boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\ddftaizg.sys is corrupt. the file ddftaizg.sys will not appear in google anywhere. My main concern is can I get this fixed without losing my personal files on my harddrive? I tried burning a vista disc x32 on multiple discs and multiple vista iso files but once I choose to install, it says cannot find file D:\Sources\Install.wim from the vista disc. I'm freaking out! I should also mention that a false antivirus software was installed somehow on my computer and I closed the program with the task manager. I cant say for sure what the file was called, maybe dfftaizg, but it did make that rogue software close and not appear. I also ran SuperAntiSpyware removal, removed some minor things. I never restarted my pc that day, I just waited til I shut it off before going to bed. The next morning, this happens. Is it possible that I could run antimalwarebyte from command prompt? if that would help

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Get a linux live CD like Fedora 14. That will boot you into linux and you can see all your folders on the HD. Copy out your data onto a USB memory stick.

Since you have an infection. I would post in the malware forum, and ask for help there.

3. lostlost

lostlost Thread Starter

thank you very much. I will try this

4. lostlost

lostlost Thread Starter

I fixed it. I simply made that linux disc, ran Fedora, looked for the ddftaizg.sys file in the c:\windows\system32\drivers\ folder, deleted it and trashed it. Reboot and started up as it use to. THANKS SO MUCH LUNARLANDER <--- Life saver

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!